internet connection

<<

raz2104

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 am

internet connection

we got a new computer for xmas and after 2 days of using internet explorer it would not let me come back off the page,the error message keeps coming up and there is a clicking sound when it is loading the pages, i added an addon to ie8 after downloading it,so any help would be appreciated,i am running windows vista. :evil:
<<

AlanE

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: internet connection

would not let me come back off the page,
Explain, dont understand. Do you mean it freezes? What EXACTLY happens.

the error message keeps coming up and there is a clicking sound when it is loading the pages
Error messages are there to give an indication, and help solve faults. So what is the error message?

i added an addon to ie8 after downloading it
What addon? Was it designed for IE8?

You need to give some more information in order to come up with reasonable guess as to what might be happening. You are really only saying somthing is wrong with IE, I get an error message and I added an addon. With that info it could be anything!!

Have you tried uninstalling the addon? That should be the first step.

If you only got this computer for Christmas why Vista and not Windows 7? There were many problems with Vista.
Please don't send Personal Messages outlining a problem - that is what the forum is for!
Boiler manuals from http://www.themanualslibrary.co.uk
<<

raz2104

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:00 pm

the error message in the middle of the screen is a sqare box with 2 green arrows in one it sais search on line for a solution or close all tabs, but when i do either of those the same error message just keeps coming up and i cant go back the pages and there is a clicking noise when i do a command like press the red cross or go on to close tabs and closing tabs still wont let me go back pages unless i press start and log off and log back on again,thats why i downloaded fire fox, and i bought the pc with vista installed i dont no why it doesnt have windows 7, but i can get a free upgrade i think if the computer was bought before june 2010 from the makers (acer),the add on was an accelorator for ie8.and i couple of other addons i have recently deleted,so can i reinstall ie7 again over the top of ie8 and reinstall again or is it better doing a complete clean reinstall,i dont know but some profetional advise would be helpfull, i have not had any problems with vista yet touch wood, what problems do you mean.
<<

AlanE

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm

For professional advise perhaps best place is Acer tech help.

Google 'Vista problems' and you will find a multitude of sites dealing with loads of them - crashes, driver problems etc!!

Microsoft, it is rumoured, did not originally intend releasing Windows 7 yet but that they released it as quickly as possible because of the problems with Vista!

Suggestions upgrade to Windows 7 or do a full reinstallation.
Please don't send Personal Messages outlining a problem - that is what the forum is for!
Boiler manuals from http://www.themanualslibrary.co.uk
<<

jaxter

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Dear AlanE,
Thanks for this useful post.
If you find you are getting a lot of script error messages and find them irritating, you can take measures to stop Internet Explorer from showing them to you.

Return to General Computer Questions