repairing a damp course on a concrete floor

<<

foxy

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:52 pm

repairing a damp course on a concrete floor

Hello

I have dug a channel in my concrete floor in order put a 110mm pipe for a new toilet.The concrete floor is on the rear single extension of the house.I had to dig down 13.5inches to meet to top a existing pipe.Any advise on how to enure that a good solid in fill,but more importantly how do l repair the broken damp course.I think the extension was built late 6os or early 70s and the existing damp course was a plastic sheet under 4 inches of concrete.

Any advise would be appreciated

regards

Foxy
<<

thescruff

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:22 am

Re: repairing a damp course on a concrete floor

I would probably paint the lot with a black bitumin, concrete the hole then give it another coat when the concrete is dry
<<

foxy

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks Scruff for your input.Turns out that the pipe the plumber will be teeing to is one of those fiber type pipes very popular in the 60s 70s and now causing problems for some,The pipe looks solid on the outside.The plumber seems confident about joining to the existing fiber pipe which runs in a brick inspection pit.Must say I am just a wee bit concerned.I would probably like to replace the whole pipe which is no more than 9 feet long,trouble is it runs under the wall to a small open drain.this could mean digging up the paving blocks and maybe I am worrying unnecessary. :?: :?:
<<

thescruff

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 am

If it is the black pitch pipe you are talking about, I would be inclinded to have it out and be done with it.

Can you do some of the work to reduce the cost, a length of plastic pipe isn't that expensive and it could save a lot of problems in the future.

Return to Ask the Builder